Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am starting this blog to keep everyone up to date with my trip to Palestine for the olive harvest. Don't expect any deep philosophical musings - just my thoughts as the trip draws near and hopefully while I am there and after.

There is just a little more than two weeks until I leave for the West Bank. I am starting to get a little nervous - not for my safety but just the experience in general. There is still so much to do to get ready, but it will be here and gone so fast. I am really trying to appreciate the whole process.

A lot of participants still have not posted their intros yet but, based on what I've read so far, it seems that I may be the youngest one in the group. Everyone seems so serious. I know this is a serious project we're taking on, but there needs to be some room for laughter. Otherwise, how do we not drown in the darkness that is the occupation?

No comments: