Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nine More Days

Just nine more days... I feel like I have two jobs right now. The job I go to everyday that pays the bills and this other job, getting ready for the trip. There are so many little things that need to be done and I am trying to remember to ask for help. It is surprising and gratifying how willing people are to help. Today I asked a friend if she would be able to hem some pants for me - I picked up some "packable" trekking pants but they are a bit too long and I do not sew. She was very willing to do this, even though I know she is busy herself. Another friend typed up the information I needed to turn in for the media when I was feeling swamped. Everyone I have talked to that has made this trip tells me that it is "transformative". I can certainly say that just experiencing the overwhelming support before I leave has in itself been transformative.

No comments: